The Administration Department strives to provide exemplary customer service to its residents, businesses, as well as to its visitors as we
are frequently the first contact a person has with the Town. Our staff is available Monday through Friday from 9 AM - 5 PM to assist with any property tax, utility
billing, zoning, human resource/personnel, accounts receivable, accounts payable, or miscellaneous needs you may have. We are also in contact and work closely with the
Town's Police and Public Works Departments. Our office is located in Town Hall at 441 White Pine Drive.
Administration Department services:
- Keeper of the records: all official Town records are kept and maintained in the Town Clerk's office - general, personnel, legal, budget/financial, property tax, utility billing, council meetings, minutes, ordinances, resolutions, policies, etc.
- Tax billing and collections: real and personal property taxes are billed and collected by the Administration Department. With property taxes being one of the Town's main revenue sources, the Administration Department works diligently in keeping delinquencies to a minimum.
- Utility Billing: The Town owns, operates, and maintains the Laurel Park Water System. The system is managed as a separate self-sustaining enterprise fund. Within the Town, the public sewer lines are owned and maintained by the City of Hendersonville.
- Water utility billing is processed and collected by the Administration Department. Again, the Administration Department works diligently in keeping delinquencies to a minimum.
- Sewer utility billing is also processed and collected by the Administration Department and processed as a pass through revenue to the City of Hendersonville.
- Special Note: A portion of Laurel Park receives water and/or sewer services directly from the City of Hendersonville who bills, processes, and collects these revenues.
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable: the Administration Department collects and processes all revenue for the Town through accounts receivable as well as pays and processes all financial obligations of the Town through accounts payable.
- Human Resources/Personnel: the Administration Department handles all Human Resource/Personnel services and issues: keeper of all personnel records, employee and council payroll records, and employee benefits.
Alison Lee Melnikova, Town Manager
Kimberly B. Hensley, Town Clerk
Kim has worked for the Town since December, 1990. She was originally hired as the Administrative Assistant, was promoted to Deputy Town Clerk in July, 1995, and
then promoted to Town Clerk in March, 2005. As Town Clerk, she serves as the department supervisor, tax collector, and keeper of all Town records including, but
not limited to, budget/financial, council meetings/minutes, ordinances, resolutions, human resources/personnel/payroll, property tax, and utility billing.
Karen W. Wills, Deputy Town Clerk
Karen has worked for the Town since July, 1998. She was originally hired as the Administrative Assistant and was promoted to Deputy Town Clerk in March, 2005. She holds a Bachelor of Arts
degree in Communications from Wingate University. As Deputy Town Clerk, she serves as "back up" to the Town Clerk, processes accounts payable, is very active in tax billing and collections, and handles the Town's
medical/supplemental insurance and retirement benefits for employees.
Teresa D. Link, Administrative Assistant
Teresa has worked for the Town since February, 2005 as the Administrative Assistant. She is also the primary point of contact for customer service, processes
utility billing and collections, processes accounts receivable, handles the Town's worker's compensation insurance, and handles the property and liability insurance.
Forms and general information are available from the Administration Department including, but not limited to:
- Police Department Security Check forms (Download Form)
- Town Hall Meeting Room reservation forms (Download Form)
- Town Park reservation forms and regulations/rules (Download Form)
- Burning Permit forms and regulations/rules
- New Resident Information packets
- Zoning Ordinance books
- Subdivision Ordinance books