Land Use

Jordan Jones serves as the Zoning Administrator and provides technical assistance to the Town Council, Planning Board, and Zoning Board of Adjustment. He is responsible for the enforcement of the Town's Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Ordinance, including building setbacks, parking requirements, landscaping, signs, and floodplain, and stormwater regulations. 

Any questions regarding Zoning may be made in person, by phone, or via email. To report potential zoning violations, please contact Town Hall. 

Appointments are required to meet with the Zoning Administrator. This includes but is not limited to applying for a permit, asking detailed questions regarding a project, or plan review. 

What requires a permit and inspection?

When a person, firm or corporation erect, construct, enlarge, install, alter, repair, move, improve, remove, convert or demolish any building, structure or service system within the jurisdiction of the Town of Laurel Park, they must first apply for and obtain a permit.

(G.S. 143-138(b), 153-357, 160A-417).

Not sure if what you are planning requires a Certificate of Zoning Compliance?

Give us a call to talk about your project. For projects that also require building and/or trade inspections, a Certificate of Zoning Compliance must be issued by the Town before Henderson County will issue a building permit. 

Building a Single-Family House? Start HERE.


Forms & Permits

Zoning forms can be found here. If you have a question about which form to use, contact the zoning administrator. 


Fees for all Planning and Zoning functions are set annually as part of the Town’s budget process, and are available as part of the full fee schedule.